Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's Not Just a Song by Three Dog Night

an original poem by yours truly [rachel] to honor Hope's elders who have called us to deliberate and overt witnesses this Autumn 2010


Me & You and YOU & Me
Can I get a Witness?
Tell them who you are.
Tell them Whose you are.
Be a Witness!
People, get ready.
HE'll be coming for you soon.
People, Get Ready!
You'll know so soon!
Tell them Who HE IS!
Be a Witness.
Tell them what HE has done for you.
What has HE done for me?
Everything!
Everything, HE has done everything for me!
The LORD gave me sight and insight.
HE gave me two ears and one mouth.
HE gave me hearing and voice.
HE gave me Salt and a tongue to taste it.
HE gave me water and a thirst for LIVING WATER.
HE gave me hope and A  WAY, A  PATH to HIM.
HE gave me a rise to my step.
HE gave ARISE to my step.
HE gave me LIFE, abundant life, life anew.
HE gave me joy, joy, joy...oh such sweet and lasting true joy.
HE gave me Hope and LIGHT to lead me there.
The LORD gives me memory, memory of what HE has done;
Memory of what HE has done for me!
HE gives me shelter.
HE gives shelter under HIS Wings.
HE gives me shelter under HIS Eaves.
HE gives me A HOUSE of Holiness and a home;
A home for my heart and rest within it.
HE gives me HIS Outstretched Arms that hold me tight, tight, tight.
HE gives me A FATHER Who Loves Unconditionally.
HE gives me A BROTHER Who keeps me honest.
The LORD gave me lips to confess,
Confess HIS HOLY NAME!
The LORD gives me A FRIEND Who Comforts;
Who Wipes Away my every tear! and Who Hushes all my sobs!
What does GOD give me?
HE gives me everything!
Everything!
I will be a Witness!
Be a Witness too!
I will show what HE gives me! What HE has done for me!
Tell people what HE gives! what HE gives you!
I will tell them what HE gives! What HE gives me!
Show them what HE gives! Show them what HE gives you!
I desire to show Who HE  IS!
Reveal Who HE IS!
I hunger to display Who HE IS!
Can I get a Witness?
Yes!
Can I get a Witness to HIS Goodness, please?
Yes! Yes! Yes!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful poem, Rachel! Really reflects what we have been studying at HOPE lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your poem! Awesome!!! It makes me want to tell what God has done for me. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

What It Was, What It Is, What I Want It To Be

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog