Saturday, July 18, 2009

Heart and Hands

I am preparing for a journey. As part of that journey, I made this list and was asked to post it by a friend.

How can I serve the Lord and His people?
prayer
participate in Bible studies
worship
communion
"testify"
encouragement
blog
cards
visiting
meals
mentoring

What do I desire in a church?
multiple PM services
open discussion on a variety of topics
theological
social
political
multi-generational
multi-cultural/multi-ethnic
Commitment
to an authentic faith
to a community of believers and seekers
to the neighborhood surrounding the building
to living biblical-ly
NO Faking

What do I NEED in a church?
for it to be Spirit-led
more than 2 elders...who actually do meet the requirements set down by Paul
Christ is the center of all of its spokes

At what Point would I say good-bye to a church and seek membership at another?
if homosexual marriage is accepted and performed
if all ministry and/or leadership positions are completely closed to women
a "formula" church
worship style
admittance style
etc.
if the church is one at which the unstated rule was: "No Perfect People Allowed"

1 comment:

  1. this post is great and your picture is beautiful!
    Is this from January with C? from T?
    talk soon
    pray for our 'trials' this week

    ReplyDelete

What It Was, What It Is, What I Want It To Be

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog