Monday, June 15, 2009

God the Father

Next Sunday is Father's Day, and unfortunately I will not see a few faces at church that I usually would get to worship with 2 or 3 times a week.
The "Why?" is a complicated subject. To say the least words possible, for some the idea of celebrating their fathers is painful. I know I have been that missing face upon occasion.
Growing up I had a tough time seeing God the Father. To me a father was not someone to be relied upon. Then roughly half way through my life the Lord blessed me with a miracle, I got a step-father. Now I am NOT saying he is perfect, far from. I'm saying that God provided an example of what a good earthly father could be.
Jesus said that as earthly parents we would not give bad presents [i.e. snakes] to our children; and if we would not, than how much more would God the Father would bestow blessings on us.
Father's Day for me is never a celebration of earthly fathers, as it is for some. I celebrate the Only Father who is reliable 100% of the time. I celebrate God the Father who sent His Only Begotten Son to die in behalf of all of the His adopted sons and daughters.
Finally, I also know that some of those missing faces will still be missing Sunday because of their broken relationships with their fathers has not been healed. But if you read this blog and have these issues, I beg you to cry out to your Heavenly Father for the healing of your heart. Yes, sometimes a relationship with an earthly parent can never be healed. There is a Parent though Who CAN tear away the scars on our beat-up souls and make us a new creation. All you have to do is ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What It Was, What It Is, What I Want It To Be

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog